Magic mushrooms have been consumed for thousands of years, both for spiritual and recreational purposes. These mushrooms contain hallucinogenic compounds that can induce profound experiences, depending on dosage and individual metabolism.
Research indicates that nearly 70% of psilocybin is metabolized within the first three hours of ingestion and that psilocybin cannot be detected in urine after 24 hours. While there are some risks associated with consuming hallucinogenic mushrooms, it’s important to consider that there can also be positive experiences, including enhanced creativity and improved mood, and that medical-assisted use of these mushrooms has been shown to help mental disorders like depression, anxiety, and PTSD.
However, it’s worth noting that unpleasant experiences can also occur, such as confusion, fear, and scary hallucinations. It’s also possible for the user to become disconnected from reality and struggle to distinguish between what’s real and what’s a hallucination. The experience can be impacted by the user’s mental state and surroundings.
Physical side effects may include nausea, stomach pain, vomiting, muscle weakness, or lack of coordination.
This is why the recommended use of magic mushroom spores and cultivated mushrooms should be done only in clinical settings under medical supervision. With proper guidance and support, individuals may experience positive changes in mental health and overall well-being.