If you are looking for a long-term storage solution for different mushroom spores (not necessarily from psychedelic mushrooms), spore syringes are a very convenient option. Spore syringes can last for years if stored properly which makes them a great way to have a spore supply for future use.
Here are some storage tips for shroom spores:
- Store the syringe in a cool, dark place.
- Do not expose a spore syringe to direct sunlight or excessive heat.
- If possible, store shroom spores in refrigerators or freezers.
- Store the spore syringe in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out.
- Check the spore syringe regularly to ensure that it is still intact and ready for use.
To grow mushrooms yourself, you will need a spore syringe to inoculate a planting area (substrate).
When it comes to finding mushrooms in the wild, they grow on different types of ground or on certain trees or logs. Before you start growing mushrooms you need to choose the right substrate for the type that you want to grow.
Where can you get mushroom syringes?
You can make them yourself (although it is quite the labor-intensive process) or you can purchase them from Hidden Forest Mushroom Spores and mycologists.